St Joseph's Primary has a proud Indigenous Education program. We collaborate with Indigenous parents and community members to support events and education. Our program includes:
- Meetings with parents, staff and students to develop Deadly Cultural Learning Plans (DCLPs) for each of our Indigenous children.
- An Indigenous Education Worker (IEW), who assists the children in learning more about their history and culture as well as supporting parents and the wider community in Indigenous Education.
- Organised guest presenters, who assist our community in appreciating the rich and diverse culture of our Indigenous community.
- The celebration of NAIDOC Week highlights critical aspects of our Indigenous people.
- Indigenous perspectives embedded in the National Curriculum through the NSW syllabus.